As we all know there are Rights by the Constitution of India to protect society and human being.
So better: Know Your Rights; Be Wise!
The most basic provision relating to arrest has been incorporated in the Article 21 of the Constitution. So it is necessary for every person must be aware of the directions issued by Supreme Court on the arrest of Women. There have been various cases where modesty of women has been played with on the name of police arrest. So have a look and aware update yourself on the rules on arrest of Women.
Supreme Court’s Directions on the Arrest of Women:
– Four or Five lock-ups should be selected in decent localities where only women suspects should be kept and only women constables should guard them
– Women should not be kept in a lock-up where men are detained
– Women should be interrogated only before women police officers/constables
– A suspect must be immediately informed about the grounds of arrest and their right to apply for bail
– Lawyers nominated by the district legal aid committee should get facilities to enter the jail and interview the prisoners who want assistance
– A relative or friend should be immediately told about the arrest
– The magistrate will inquire from the suspect whether they have any complaint of torture or maltreatment in custody and inform them about their right to be medically examined