Safety Tips for Women
Women are blessing in one or another form of mother, sister, wife, daughter and a friend. Women are no less than men in any way; she may be always on their best. Men are blessed with strength physically and women are stronger by heart and are able to fight more aggressively than man. Even so, good exists with bad, same men try to control women sometime physically as he very well knows, she is little weaker from physically end.
Violence against women, domestic violence, rape, molestation, sexual harassment, human trafficking, and rented brides and in many others, crime ends up with many Nirbhayas in Country.
As we all know today’s women are no more week personalities but at the same time, awareness and preparedness are the keys to get rid of any crime. And our famous old saying is very much correct that is “Prevention is better than cure”.
Laws, Lawmakers and Delhi Police are there for us, but they were also not able to bring down the crime against women at the certain level. So to some extent lets not look for help every time, it’s better to be prepared and aware any time.
Being alert and attentive every time is essential and followed by more tips by Crime in Delhi to all women:
1. Be confident. Don’t appear to be an easy target.
2. As soon as you get into your car, lock the doors.
3. Don’t try to be over sympathetic. If someone needs help (not emergency like an accident where a few sips of water can save a person), let the police know about it. They can help well.
4. Use only ATM machines in well-lighted, high-traffic areas. Don’t use ATM machines that are remote or hidden such as being located behind buildings, behind pillars, walls, or away from public view. Beware of obvious hiding places like shrubbery or overgrown trees.
5. Never admit on the telephone in front of unknown people or otherwise that you are alone.
6. When you carry a purse, hold it close to your body rather than by the handles. Carry only what you need in a purse or wallet, not everything you have.
7. Make sure your back door is locked if someone knocks at your front door. Sometimes thieves work together with one coming in the back way, while the other keeps you talking at the front.
8. When at parties always get your own drink. Watch it being poured. Drugs used to spike drinks can be colorless and tasteless so you might not realize that anything has been added.
9. Know the departure and arrival times of the buses, metro, etc and try and let someone at the other end know which bus you plan to catch.
10. Stick to well-lighted, well-traveled streets. Avoid shortcuts through wooded areas, parking lots, or alleys where a rapist or stalker can hide.
After all, still we would like to say being mentally alert is the greatest weapon you can ever have. So, if you are ever facing an unlucky or unpredictable situation where you have to protect yourself bodily, need to use your mind and act quickly. All the time, you have to make sure, keep some sort of safety mechanisms handy at all times, like a pepper spray, small knife, filer etc. It is better and important; we need to be habitual and adopt a learning to protect ourselves instead of looking back for our society and men to revolutionize their attitude towards us.